Frequently Asked QuestionsYou ask, and we answer here.
Q: How long is your build time?
A: BuildFBG was founded with the premise of constructing homes faster and with more efficiency. While other custom home builders can take more than a year to finish construction, BuildFBG takes less than a year — approximately 11 months from when you start the design to the keys in-hand.
Q: How many houses have you completed?
A: Since 2017 when BuildFBG was founded, we’ve designed and built more than 35 homes in the Houston area.
Q: What's included in the $179/square foot price point?
A: Custom design interiors:
- Exclusive BuildFBG Wolf/Sub-Zero® luxury kitchen appliance package
- High-end wide plank hardwood floors
- Designer selected counter surfaces including durable quartz products and natural stone species
- Furniture-grade cabinets
- Elegant front door(s)
- Solid wood interior doors
- Deluxe pre-wire package for both security and A/V distribution
- High-end trimwork throughout
- Specially designed kitchen with luxury plumbing package
- Delta plumbing package throughout the home
- Large and functionally designed master closets
- Professionally designed luxury master bathrooms
- Generous secondary bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and closets
Unparalleled advances in energy conservation and sustainability:
- All homes designed to be LEED for homes projects
- Full foam insulated envelope
- Lennox 2-stage condensing units are combined with a very high efficiency air handling unit and a 96% AFUE, variable speed gas furnace
- Lennox iComfort M30 Smart Thermostats with dehumidification control
- HVAC System with 16+ SEER efficiency rating
- Navien premium condensing gas tankless water heater with “comfort flow” technology
- Semi-conditioned attic space
- Uponor Type-A PEX water piping with PVC drains and vents
Exceptional exterior features:
- Marvin Windows
- ZIP System® sheathing and tape, with an integrated water-resistant barrier
- Dependable foundation systems engineered for optimal structural integrity
- Ability to elevate finished floor to avoid future flooding concerns
- CertainTeed RoofRunner roofing underlayment
- Covered outdoor living
- Wood ceilings on all covered outdoor spaces
- Engineer approved incorporated drainage program
Q: How high can you build?
A: How high can we go? The long answer: It depends on a variety of factors such as the layout and design of your home. The short answer: It’s based on the engineering.
Q: Can I make customizations to my home?
You can make whatever changes you desire. There are no rules.
We put you with an architect that will determine a plan that fits your lifestyle, budget, deed restriction, lot size, etc. We will help you create a custom floor plan that is current, new, attractive and consistent with your personal style. Your floor plan can then be applied to any exterior styling, from traditional to modern and everything in-between. And unlike other custom home builders, the cost of your home will not vary — your home will stay at a static price of $179/square foot.